I am amazed at how much we take for granted in our lives. Now that we have all chosen to stay home for the greater good I’m making a list of all the things I didn’t give thanks for but was doing on a daily basis.
What is your list?
1. Long drives with drive-through beverages and 90’s music.
2. Going to new restaurants and exploring the local food scene.
3. Going out to watch a movie with lots of popcorn and hotdogs!
4. Getting together with friends for coffee.
5. Enjoying lunches and dinners and good times with family.
6. Going to a craft or art class.
7. Grocery shopping (Yes I like doing groceries :))
8. Going to work! I never thought I would miss my office and co-workers so much!
Let’s try and come out of this stronger and better than before. That all starts with gratitude though. We need to be grateful for what we have.
So why not make a list today of all the things you are grateful for. Things you had in your life pre-quarantine and things that you post-quarantine. There is always something to be grateful for and the more we focus on the positive the stronger we become.
Try and reach out to family and friends who are going through a tough time in this quarantine. Most artists and creatives are fine on their own for long periods of time but there are lots of people, extroverts, who are not doing ok. Reach out, share a joke, a project, a book with them. They really need you right now.
I hope you’re all taking care of yourself and your loved ones!
Stay home, stay safe.