Learn Whimsical Lettering with MZ
I’ve always wanted to have the perfect handwriting and in my quest to attain said handwriting I have tried several different kinds of lettering. Brush Lettering, Calligraphy and then this Whimsical Lettering. I love brush lettering a lot but this kind of whimsical lettering allows me to play more.
There are very few rules and a lot of color and doodling – both things I love to do! This is a super fun and easy to learn technique and is perfect for both beginners and advanced artists and crafters. This kind of lettering looks super cool on scrapbook layouts and cards too.
So whether you’re a card maker or a scrapbooker or an art journaler you will learn a lot in this class and you’ll be able to use what you learn in your crafty pursuits.
I’ll take you through all the basics you need to know on video in real time and I’ll show you lots of examples and we’ll create fun projects using what you’ve learnt too! So let’s get started. I’ll see you in the videos!
Here are some short clips and images from the class
The Lesson Plan
In this video class we’ll start from scratch.
- In this class I’ll show you how to turn basic into wow!
- We’ll start with simple letters and then embellish them in several different ways. You’ll play with different line weights and colors too adding an extra dimension to your lettering projects! You can use these techniques in everything from journaling to card making.
- We will add doodles and embellishments to make your lettering truly whimsical.
- I’ll also show you how to create your own alphabets that you can use again and again in scrapbook titles, cards and other craft projects.
- We’ll go over all of the supplies needed but you just need a couple of sharpies and some colored markers to start.
- At the end of the class I’ll make a collage wall art piece with you to show you this kind of lettering in action.
Why an Online Class ?
- If you want to turn your handwriting from basic to wow and whimsical this is the perfect online class for you.
- You will learn several different ways of embellishing your letters to create truly unique looks for use in your arts and crafts projects.
- Online courses are so much fun because you can learn at your own pace and in the comfort of your own home. May we suggest a tasty beverage and pajamas? Perhaps on your favorite chair? Or even in your studio at our craft table? You can take online classes anywhere you want!
- You also have lifetime access to the video course and can come back to watch it and rewatch it anytime you want.
You can ask as many questions as you want on the course page and I will always do my best to answer your questions as best as I can.
- Join a fun community of makers and creators and share your work and learn from others!
- In this course you will have access to a video class that will walk you through all the steps of lettering – from the first strokes to the last flourishes!
Tips and Tricks You’ll Learn!
- Learn how to create whimsical and doodled lettering using basic art supplies
- How to turn basic lettering into whimsical lettering
- The tools and supplies you need to start and continue lettering
- How to create your own unique doodled alphabet
- How to embellish basic letters with doodles, lines and circles
- How to make your own lettering tools using cardstock
- Creating cascading and winding words
- Turning your lettering into beautiful wall art.